Groovy, also referred to as JSR - 241, is an object - oriented programming language for the Java platform. It is a dynamic language with features similar to those of Python, Ruby, Perl, and Smalltalk. Groovy is designed to help you get things done on the Java platform in a quicker, more concise and fun way - bringing the power of Python and Ruby inside the Java platform.
It can be used as a scripting language for the Java Platform. Applications written in Groovy use the full complement of Java API's, and works seamlessly with other components and applications written in the Java programming language.
We have been doing development on Groovy programming language much before its version 1.0 was released in January 2007.
Our team members have experience with all the versions releases of Groovy including version 1.7.
We can help you leverage the entire set of features in Groovy such as Groovy dynamism, Metaprogramming and Groovy embedding.
Some of the features that IntelliGrape has deep experience in are:
- Closure support
- Native syntax for Lists and Maps
- Groovy Markup
- Groovy Path expression language
- Groovlets for implementing Servlets easily in simple Groovy scripts
- Groovy SQL for making SQL more Groovy
- Ant Scripting
- Regex syntax for neater scripting with regular expressions
- Groovy Beans for simpler syntax for working with beans
- Operator Overloading to simplify working with datatypes Collections and Maps
- Polymorphic iteration and AutoboxingCompiles straight to Java bytecode & works cleanly with all existing Java objects & libraries